We’ve spent the last 45 days addressing issues that have been brought up by our users, and other items that we felt were important to make BuildTools more useful. Following is a list of some of the major items we’ve addressed with this update.
- Additions to the image upload system – additional formats now allowed. Fixed the image rotate feature.
- Big changes in the mobile format – added slider bars to make use on iPhone, iPad, Android devices easier. Added double click and slow-double click for right click menu functionality.
- Added functionality to the notifications system. Now more configurable – decide when notices are sent, and to whom. Added the ability to send just once a day, as a compilation.
- Added features and fixed bugs in long text field entry.
- Added “all documents” view on the main dashboard – no more hunting for the right file.
- Added an embedded document viewer for most common formats. No need to install a PDF viewer, or MS word, Excel, etc…
- Additional options for sorting throughout the system, specifically in tasks
- Added features within scheduling – now add items above or below where you are working – no need to move up from the bottom of the schedule!
- Bugs fixed throughout the system
- Redesign of the e-mail format to display better on mobile devices.
- Added options for publishing the schedule – now notify only those that need to see the updates, those doing work in the next 2 weeks, etc…
- Added features to the automated reports.
- Many other minor changes throughout the system.
And – in the next week, we’ll be moving to our new servers – more horsepower, faster response for our users! Keep an eye out for this change – you’ll know when it’s happened!