Industry experts offer their insights to collectively form an outlook for the year in construction:
While we don’t have a wizard on the payroll here at BuildTools headquarters, gazing into a crystal ball and predicting the construction industry’s future, we can still help you anticipate and prepare for the year ahead in construction.
We’ve collected insight from industry experts, including the team at constructiondrive.com, to come up with the top 10 trends that are sure to shape the construction field in 2017.
1. Collaborative project delivery methods will become more popular
2. The labor shortage will continue to plague the industry
3. The feeling of uncertainty will linger under the new administration
4. Offsite/modular construction will gain a stronger foothold in the market
5. Construction firms are cautiously optimistic for a future infrastructure spending boost
6. IoT holds the potential to revolutionize the job site
7. Construction costs will rise due to materials and labor
8. VR/AR tech will pick up steam
9. The sustainable construction movement will consider changing its message
10. Construction firms will face increased scrutiny and prosecution of safety and fraud incidents
Read the full article here.
BuildTools is specifically designed by custom home builders for custom home builders, because we know that staying confidently on top of your current projects is the first step toward success on your next project.
See how BuildTools can tighten up communication on your next project. Schedule a quick demo.